Ultrafast mid-infrared high harmonic and supercontinuum generation with n characterization in zinc selenide
Hastings, Michael G
Wilmer, Brian L
Wolfe, Christopher M
Ensley, Trenton R
AffiliationUniv Arizona, Coll Opt Sci
MetadataShow full item record
PublisherOPTICAL SOC AMER
CitationKevin Werner, Michael G. Hastings, Aaron Schweinsberg, Brian L. Wilmer, Drake Austin, Christopher M. Wolfe, Miroslav Kolesik, Trenton R. Ensley, Laura Vanderhoef, Anthony Valenzuela, and Enam Chowdhury, "Ultrafast mid-infrared high harmonic and supercontinuum generation with n2 characterization in zinc selenide," Opt. Express 27, 2867-2885 (2019)
Rights© 2019 Optical Society of America under the terms of the OSA Open Access Publishing Agreement
Collection InformationThis item from the UA Faculty Publications collection is made available by the University of Arizona with support from the University of Arizona Libraries. If you have questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
AbstractPolycrystalline ZnSe is an exciting source of broadband supercontinuum and high-harmonic generation via random quasi phase matching, exhibiting broad transparency in the mid-infrared (0.5-20 μm). In this work, the effects of wavelength, pulse power, intensity, propagation length, and crystallinity on supercontinuum and high harmonic generation are investigated experimentally using ultrafast mid-infrared pulses. Observed harmonic conversion efficiency scales linearly in propagation length, reaching as high as 36%. For the first time to our knowledge, n2 is measured for mid-infrared wavelengths in ZnSe: n2(λ=3.9 μm)=(1.2±0.3)×10-14 cm2/W. Measured n2 is applied to simulations modeling high-harmonic generation in polycrystalline ZnSe as an effective medium.
NoteOpen access journal.
VersionFinal published version
SponsorsSURVICE [S17-095008/DOTC-17-01-INIT0086]; Air Force Office of Scientific Research (AFOSR) [FA9550-16-1-0069]; AFOSR multidisciplinary research program of the university research initiative (MURI) [FA9550-16-1-0013]; AFOSR [FA9550-16-1-0121, FA9550-16-1-0088]
- Eye safety implications of high harmonic generation in zinc selenide.
- Authors: Marble CB, O'Connor SP, Nodurft DT, Wharmby AW, Yakovlev VV
- Issue date: 2019 Feb 4
- Mid-infrared laser-driven broadband water-window supercontinuum generation from pre-excited medium.
- Authors: Li Y, Hong W, Zhang Q, Wang S, Lu P
- Issue date: 2011 Nov 21
- Mid-infrared modulated polarization gating for ultra-broadband supercontinuum generation.
- Authors: Hong W, Wei P, Zhang Q, Wang S, Lu P
- Issue date: 2010 May 24
- Ultrafast and octave-spanning optical nonlinearities from strongly phase-mismatched quadratic interactions.
- Authors: Zhou BB, Chong A, Wise FW, Bache M
- Issue date: 2012 Jul 27
- Intense broadband mid-infrared pulses of 280 MV/cm for supercontinuum generation in gaseous medium.
- Authors: Bai Y, Cheng C, Li X, Liu P, Li RX, Xu Z
- Issue date: 2018 Feb 15