Changes in myoblast responsiveness to TNFα and IL-6 contribute to decreased skeletal muscle mass in intrauterine growth restricted fetal sheep
AffiliationUniv Arizona, Sch Anim & Comparat Biomed Sci
MetadataShow full item record
PublisherOXFORD UNIV PRESS INC
CitationRobert J Posont, Kristin A Beede, Sean W Limesand, Dustin T Yates, Changes in myoblast responsiveness to TNFα and IL-6 contribute to decreased skeletal muscle mass in intrauterine growth restricted fetal sheep, Translational Animal Science, Volume 2, Issue suppl_1, September 2018, Pages S44–S47, https://doi.org/10.1093/tas/txy038
JournalTRANSLATIONAL ANIMAL SCIENCE
Rights© The Author(s) 2018. Published by Oxford University Press on behalf of the American Society of Animal Science. This is an Open Access article distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution Non-Commercial License.
Collection InformationThis item from the UA Faculty Publications collection is made available by the University of Arizona with support from the University of Arizona Libraries. If you have questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
NoteOpen access journal
VersionFinal published version
SponsorsNational Institute of General Medical Sciences [1P20GM104320]; Nebraska Agricultural Experiment Station; Hatch Act [NEB-26-224]; Hatch Multistate Research capacity funding program through the USDA National Institute of Food and Agriculture [NEB-26-226, NEB-26-225]
- Myoblasts from intrauterine growth-restricted sheep fetuses exhibit intrinsic deficiencies in proliferation that contribute to smaller semitendinosus myofibres.
- Authors: Yates DT, Clarke DS, Macko AR, Anderson MJ, Shelton LA, Nearing M, Allen RE, Rhoads RP, Limesand SW
- Issue date: 2014 Jul 15
- Skeletal muscle protein accretion rates and hindlimb growth are reduced in late gestation intrauterine growth-restricted fetal sheep.
- Authors: Rozance PJ, Zastoupil L, Wesolowski SR, Goldstrohm DA, Strahan B, Cree-Green M, Sheffield-Moore M, Meschia G, Hay WW Jr, Wilkening RB, Brown LD
- Issue date: 2018 Jan 1
- Myoblast replication is reduced in the IUGR fetus despite maintained proliferative capacity in vitro.
- Authors: Soto SM, Blake AC, Wesolowski SR, Rozance PJ, Barthel KB, Gao B, Hetrick B, McCurdy CE, Garza NG, Hay WW Jr, Leinwand LA, Friedman JE, Brown LD
- Issue date: 2017 Mar
- Maternal nutrition alters the expression of insulin-like growth factors in fetal sheep liver and skeletal muscle.
- Authors: Brameld JM, Mostyn A, Dandrea J, Stephenson TJ, Dawson JM, Buttery PJ, Symonds ME
- Issue date: 2000 Dec
- Developmental programming in response to intrauterine growth restriction impairs myoblast function and skeletal muscle metabolism.
- Authors: Yates DT, Macko AR, Nearing M, Chen X, Rhoads RP, Limesand SW
- Issue date: 2012