AffiliationUniv Arizona, Coll Opt Sci
MetadataShow full item record
PublisherNATURE PUBLISHING GROUP
CitationPant, M., Towsley, D., Englund, D., & Guha, S. (2019). Percolation thresholds for photonic quantum computing. Nature communications, 10(1), 1070.
Rights© The Author(s) 2019. Open Access This article is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Collection InformationThis item from the UA Faculty Publications collection is made available by the University of Arizona with support from the University of Arizona Libraries. If you have questions, please contact us at email@example.com.
AbstractDespite linear-optical fusion (Bell measurement) being probabilistic, photonic cluster states for universal quantum computation can be prepared without feed-forward by fusing small n-photon entangled clusters, if the success probability of each fusion attempt is above a threshold, lambda((n))(c). We prove a general bound lambda((n))(c) >= 1/(n - 1), and develop a conceptual method to construct long-range-connected clusters where lambda((n))(c) becomes the bond percolation threshold of a logical graph. This mapping lets us find constructions that require lower fusion success probabilities than currently known, and settle a heretofore open question by showing that a universal cluster state can be created by fusing 3-photon clusters over a 2D lattice with a fusion success probability that is achievable with linear optics and single photons, making this attractive for integrated-photonic realizations.
NoteOpen access journal
VersionFinal published version
SponsorsDARPA seedling project Scalable Engineering of Quantum Optical Information Processing Architectures (SEQUOIA), under US Army [W31P4Q-15-C-0045]; Air Force Office of Scientific Research MURI [FA9550-14-1-0052]; Office of Naval Research MURI on Optical Computing under US Navy [N00014-16-C-2069]; MIT-Imperial College London Seed Fund
- High-speed linear optics quantum computing using active feed-forward.
- Authors: Prevedel R, Walther P, Tiefenbacher F, Böhi P, Kaltenbaek R, Jennewein T, Zeilinger A
- Issue date: 2007 Jan 4
- Single-photon non-linear optics with a quantum dot in a waveguide.
- Authors: Javadi A, Söllner I, Arcari M, Hansen SL, Midolo L, Mahmoodian S, Kiršanskė G, Pregnolato T, Lee EH, Song JD, Stobbe S, Lodahl P
- Issue date: 2015 Oct 23
- On-chip steering of entangled photons in nonlinear photonic crystals.
- Authors: Leng HY, Yu XQ, Gong YX, Xu P, Xie ZD, Jin H, Zhang C, Zhu SN
- Issue date: 2011 Aug 16
- From Three-Photon Greenberger-Horne-Zeilinger States to Ballistic Universal Quantum Computation.
- Authors: Gimeno-Segovia M, Shadbolt P, Browne DE, Rudolph T
- Issue date: 2015 Jul 10
- No-go theorem for passive single-rail linear optical quantum computing.
- Authors: Wu LA, Walther P, Lidar DA
- Issue date: 2013