AuthorMcArthur, Donna Behler
AffiliationUniv Arizona, Coll Nursing
MetadataShow full item record
PublisherW B SAUNDERS CO-ELSEVIER INC
CitationMcArthur, D. B. (2019). Emerging Infectious Diseases. Nursing Clinics.
JournalNURSING CLINICS OF NORTH AMERICA
Rights© 2019 Elsevier Inc. All rights reserved.
Collection InformationThis item from the UA Faculty Publications collection is made available by the University of Arizona with support from the University of Arizona Libraries. If you have questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
AbstractEmerging infectious diseases (EID) and reemerging infectious diseases are increasing globally. Zoonotic diseases are transmitted from animals to humans through direct contact or through food, water, and the environment. Vector-borne diseases are major sources of mortality and morbidity globally. Three mosquito-borne viruses are yellow fever, chikungunya virus, and dengue virus. Recent EIDs include Candida auris, Elizabethkingia anopheles, The Lone Star tick, and avian influenza H7N2. In addition, mcr-1 may contribute to the dissemination of drug resistance to gram negative bacteria. Nurses play a major role in the identification and prevention of EID within health care settings.
Note12 month embargo; published online: 27 March 2019
VersionFinal accepted manuscript
- Current knowledge of vector-borne zoonotic pathogens in Zambia: A clarion call to scaling-up "One Health" research in the wake of emerging and re-emerging infectious diseases.
- Authors: Mubemba B, Mburu MM, Changula K, Muleya W, Moonga LC, Chambaro HM, Kajihara M, Qiu Y, Orba Y, Hayashida K, Sutcliffe CG, Norris DE, Thuma PE, Ndubani P, Chitanga S, Sawa H, Takada A, Simulundu E
- Issue date: 2022 Feb
- ZOVER: the database of zoonotic and vector-borne viruses.
- Authors: Zhou S, Liu B, Han Y, Wang Y, Chen L, Wu Z, Yang J
- Issue date: 2022 Jan 7
- Targeting Transmission Pathways for Emerging Zoonotic Disease Surveillance and Control.
- Authors: Loh EH, Zambrana-Torrelio C, Olival KJ, Bogich TL, Johnson CK, Mazet JA, Karesh W, Daszak P
- Issue date: 2015 Jul
- Global trends in emerging infectious diseases.
- Authors: Jones KE, Patel NG, Levy MA, Storeygard A, Balk D, Gittleman JL, Daszak P
- Issue date: 2008 Feb 21
- Are emerging infectious diseases the most significant global health concern for nurses? Pro.
- Authors: Capitulo KL, Korniewicz DM, Baldwin CM
- Issue date: 2012 Sep