Legal and Policy Responses to Vaccine-Preventable Disease Outbreaks
AffiliationUniv Arizona, Dept Commun Environm & Policy
MetadataShow full item record
PublisherSAGE PUBLICATIONS INC
CitationBarraza, L., Reiss, D., & Freeman, P. (2019). Legal and Policy Responses to Vaccine-Preventable Disease Outbreaks. The Journal of Law, Medicine & Ethics, 47(2_suppl), 11–14. https://doi.org/10.1177/1073110519857307
JournalJOURNAL OF LAW MEDICINE & ETHICS
Rights© 2019 The Author(s)
Collection InformationThis item from the UA Faculty Publications collection is made available by the University of Arizona with support from the University of Arizona Libraries. If you have questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
AbstractLaws and policies are vital tools in preventing outbreaks and limiting the further spread of disease, but they can vary in content and implementation. This manuscript provides insight into challenges in responding to recent vaccine-preventable disease outbreaks by examining legislative changes in California, policy changes on certain university campuses, and the laws implicated in a measles outbreak in Minnesota.
Note12 month embargo; published online: 12 July 2019
VersionFinal accepted manuscript
- Vaccine-preventable diseases on college campuses: the emergence of mumps.
- Authors: Williams WW, Sosin DM, Kaplan KM, Hersh BS, Preblud SR
- Issue date: 1989 Mar
- The impact of college prematriculation immunization requirements on risk for measles outbreaks.
- Authors: Baughman AL, Williams WW, Atkinson WL, Cook LG, Collins M
- Issue date: 1994 Oct 12
- Resurgence of measles in the United States: how did we get here?
- Authors: Feemster KA, Szipszky C
- Issue date: 2020 Feb
- An outbreak of measles in an undervaccinated community.
- Authors: Gahr P, DeVries AS, Wallace G, Miller C, Kenyon C, Sweet K, Martin K, White K, Bagstad E, Hooker C, Krawczynski G, Boxrud D, Liu G, Stinchfield P, LeBlanc J, Hickman C, Bahta L, Barskey A, Lynfield R
- Issue date: 2014 Jul
- Impact of Nonmedical Vaccine Exemption Policies on the Health and Economic Burden of Measles.
- Authors: Whittington MD, Kempe A, Dempsey A, Herlihy R, Campbell JD
- Issue date: 2017 Jul