AffiliationUniv Arizona, Coll Med Phoenix
MetadataShow full item record
PublisherELSEVIER SCIENCE BV
CitationImmel, S., & Yu, E. (2019). Case report: Disseminated aspergillosis complicating influenza. Medical mycology case reports, 24, 65-68.
JournalMEDICAL MYCOLOGY CASE REPORTS
Rights© 2019 The Authors. Published by Elsevier B.V. on behalf of International Society for Human and Animal Mycology. This is an open access article under the CC BY license (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/BY/4.0/).
Collection InformationThis item from the UA Faculty Publications collection is made available by the University of Arizona with support from the University of Arizona Libraries. If you have questions, please contact us at email@example.com.
AbstractAspergillus can cause a wide variety of diseases ranging from hypersensitivity diseases to invasive infection. Invasive disease most commonly occurs in severely immunocompromised patients such as chemotherapy-induced neutropenia and transplantation. It is a less well-recognized complication in critically ill patients without traditional risk factors. We describe a case of invasive aspergillosis complicating influenza and diabetic ketoacidosis that disseminated to the central nervous system and led to demise despite high-intensity antifungal therapy.
NoteOpen access journal
VersionFinal published version
SponsorsBanner University Medical Center; University of Arizona
- Invasive pulmonary aspergillosis in an ICU patient with Legionnaires' disease: A diagnostic challenge.
- Authors: Coulon P, Cordier C, Saint-Léger P, Lambiotte F, Loridant S, Mazars E
- Issue date: 2020 May 8
- Invasive Primary Colonic Aspergillosis in the Immunocompetent Host without Classical Risk Factors.
- Authors: Cha SA, Kim MH, Lim TS, Kim HH, Chang KY, Park HS, Kim HW, Wie SH, Jin DC
- Issue date: 2015 Sep
- A Case of Acute Cerebral Aspergillosis Complicating Influenza A/H1N1pdm 2009.
- Authors: Kim MJ, Kim MK, Kang CK, Jun KI, Bang JH, Park SW, Oh MD
- Issue date: 2013 Jun
- Adrenal and hepatic aspergillosis in an immunocompetent patient.
- Authors: Chen L, Liu Y, Wang W, Liu K
- Issue date: 2015 Jun
- Invasive pulmonary aspergillosis and influenza co-infection in immunocompetent hosts: case reports and review of the literature.
- Authors: Shah MM, Hsiao EI, Kirsch CM, Gohil A, Narasimhan S, Stevens DA
- Issue date: 2018 Jun