Time-resolved dual-comb measurement of number density and temperature in a laser-induced plasma
Weeks, Reagan R D
Harilal, Sivanandan S
Phillips, Mark C
Jason Jones, R
AffiliationUniv Arizona, Dept Phys
Univ Arizona, Coll Opt Sci
MetadataShow full item record
PublisherOPTICAL SOC AMER
CitationYu Zhang, Caroline Lecaplain, Reagan R. D. Weeks, Jeremy Yeak, Sivanandan S. Harilal, Mark C. Phillips, and R. Jason Jones, "Time-resolved dual-comb measurement of number density and temperature in a laser-induced plasma," Opt. Lett. 44, 3458-3461 (2019)
Rights© 2019 Optical Society of America
Collection InformationThis item from the UA Faculty Publications collection is made available by the University of Arizona with support from the University of Arizona Libraries. If you have questions, please contact us at email@example.com.
AbstractWe utilize time-resolved dual-comb spectroscopy to measure the temporal evolution of the population number densities and absorption excitation temperature of Fe in a laser-induced plasma. The spectra of three excited-state transitions of Fe around 533 nm are simultaneously measured at different time delays following laser ablation of a stainless steel sample. This Letter probes late-time behaviors of laser-induced ablation plumes during plasma cooling. The high spectral resolution and broad spectral coverage of the dual-comb technique, combined with the time-resolved measurement capability shown here, will aid in the characterization of laser induced plasmas, including species identification and molecule and particle formation that can occur at later times in the plasma evolution. (C) 2019 Optical Society of America
Note12 month embargo; published online: 10 July 2019
VersionFinal accepted manuscript
SponsorsAir Force Office of Scientific Research (AFOSR) [FA9550-15-1-0091]; Defense Threat Reduction Agency (DTRA) ; National Science Foundation (NSF) ; Office of Defense Nuclear Nonproliferation (DNN); National Nuclear Security Administration (NNSA); U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) [DE-AC05-76RL01830]
- Dual-comb spectroscopy of laser-induced plasmas.
- Authors: Bergevin J, Wu TH, Yeak J, Brumfield BE, Harilal SS, Phillips MC, Jones RJ
- Issue date: 2018 Mar 28
- Broadband Time-Resolved Absorption and Dispersion Spectroscopy of Methane and Ethane in a Plasma Using a Mid-Infrared Dual-Comb Spectrometer.
- Authors: Abbas MA, Dijk LV, Jahromi KE, Nematollahi M, Harren FJM, Khodabakhsh A
- Issue date: 2020 Nov 29
- Unraveling Spatio-Temporal Chemistry Evolution in Laser Ablation Plumes and Its Relation to Initial Plasma Conditions.
- Authors: Kautz EJ, Phillips MC, Harilal SS
- Issue date: 2020 Oct 20
- High-resolution spectroscopy of laser ablation plumes using laser-induced fluorescence.
- Authors: Harilal SS, LaHaye NL, Phillips MC
- Issue date: 2017 Feb 6
- Time-resolved absorption spectroscopic characterization of ultrafast laser-produced plasmas under varying background pressures.
- Authors: Harilal SS, Kautz EJ, Phillips MC
- Issue date: 2021 Jan