AffiliationUniv Arizona, Coll Med Phoenix, Dept Anesthesiol
MetadataShow full item record
CitationViswanath, O., Peck, J., & Gill, J. S. (2019). An Atypical Presentation of Raynaud’s Disease. Medical Principles and Practice.
JournalMEDICAL PRINCIPLES AND PRACTICE
Rights© 2019 The Author(s). Published by S. Karger AG, Basel. This is an Open Access article licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-4.0 International License (CC BY-NC) (http://www.karger.com/Services/OpenAccessLicense), applicable to the online version of the article only. Usage and distribution for commercial purposes requires written permission.
Collection InformationThis item from the UA Faculty Publications collection is made available by the University of Arizona with support from the University of Arizona Libraries. If you have questions, please contact us at email@example.com.
AbstractObjective: A 57-year-old female with a 33-year history of constant hand discoloration and paronychia had undergone multiple evaluations with a failure to find a diagnosis. She continues to undergo an evolving treatment regimen and diagnostic workup in an effort to find a long-eluded diagnosis. Clinical Presentation: She began to develop superficial ulcerations over the proximal phalanx of her fingers, often pruritic and erythematous, with pain and edema. Intervention: She has since been managed with nifedipine and sildenafil and intermittent stellate ganglion blocks. Conclusion: Despite still lacking a formal diagnosis, her constellation of symptoms is most likely the result of an atypical presentation of Raynaud's disease. (C) 2019 The Author(s) Published by S. Karger AG, Basel.
NoteOpen access journal
VersionFinal published version
- Difficulties in diagnosis and treatment of severe secondary Raynaud's phenomenon in a Cameroonian woman: a case report.
- Authors: Agbor VN, Njim T, Aminde LN
- Issue date: 2016 Dec 20
- [Polarized light irradiation near the stellate ganglion in a patient with Raynaud's sign].
- Authors: Otsuka H, Okubo K, Imai M, Kaseno S, Kemmotsu O
- Issue date: 1992 Nov
- [Raynaud's phenomena: diagnostic and treatment study].
- Authors: Priollet P
- Issue date: 1998 Oct 1
- Office evaluation and treatment of Raynaud's phenomenon.
- Authors: Bolster MB, Maricq HR, Leff RL
- Issue date: 1995 Jan-Feb
- Raynaud's syndrome: diagnosis and treatment.
- Authors: Whitaker L, Kelleher A
- Issue date: 1994 Mar