Novel Circular Rep-Encoding Single-Stranded DNA Viruses Detected in Treated Wastewater
AffiliationUniv Arizona, Dept Soil Water & Environm Sci
MetadataShow full item record
PublisherAMER SOC MICROBIOLOGY
CitationRosario K, Morrison CM, Mettel KA, Betancourt WQ. 2019. Novel circular Repencoding single-stranded DNA viruses detected in treated wastewater. Microbiol Resour Announc 8:e00318-19. https://doi.org/ 10.1128/MRA.00318-19.
RightsCopyright © 2019 Rosario et al. This is an open-access article distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International license.
Collection InformationThis item from the UA Faculty Publications collection is made available by the University of Arizona with support from the University of Arizona Libraries. If you have questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
AbstractHere, we present the complete genome sequences of three circular replication-associated protein (Rep)-encoding single-stranded DNA (CRESS DNA) viruses detected in secondary treated and disinfected wastewater effluent. The discovered viruses, named wastewater CRESS DNA virus (WCDV)-1 to -3, represent novel viral species that seem to persist in wastewater effluent.
NoteOpen access journal
VersionFinal published version
SponsorsNational Science Foundation Assembling the Tree of Life Program [DEB-1239976]; U.S. Department of Agriculture-National Institute of Food and Agriculture 
Except where otherwise noted, this item's license is described as Copyright © 2019 Rosario et al. This is an open-access article distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International license.
- Eukaryotic Circular Rep-Encoding Single-Stranded DNA (CRESS DNA) Viruses: Ubiquitous Viruses With Small Genomes and a Diverse Host Range.
- Authors: Zhao L, Rosario K, Breitbart M, Duffy S
- Issue date: 2019
- Pervasive Chimerism in the Replication-Associated Proteins of Uncultured Single-Stranded DNA Viruses.
- Authors: Kazlauskas D, Varsani A, Krupovic M
- Issue date: 2018 Apr 10
- Truly ubiquitous CRESS DNA viruses scattered across the eukaryotic tree of life.
- Authors: Zhao L, Lavington E, Duffy S
- Issue date: 2021 Sep 9
- Characterisation of a diverse range of circular replication-associated protein encoding DNA viruses recovered from a sewage treatment oxidation pond.
- Authors: Kraberger S, Argüello-Astorga GR, Greenfield LG, Galilee C, Law D, Martin DP, Varsani A
- Issue date: 2015 Apr
- Circular replication-associated protein encoding DNA viruses identified in the faecal matter of various animals in New Zealand.
- Authors: Steel O, Kraberger S, Sikorski A, Young LM, Catchpole RJ, Stevens AJ, Ladley JJ, Coray DS, Stainton D, Dayaram A, Julian L, van Bysterveldt K, Varsani A
- Issue date: 2016 Sep