Incidence and Impact of Acute Kidney Injury in Patients Receiving Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenation: A Meta-Analysis
Aeddula, Narothama Reddy
Mao, Michael A
AffiliationUniv Arizona, Dept Internal Med
MetadataShow full item record
CitationThongprayoon, C., Cheungpasitporn, W., Lertjitbanjong, P., Aeddula, N. R., Bathini, T., Watthanasuntorn, K., ... & Kashani, K. (2019). Incidence and Impact of Acute Kidney Injury in Patients Receiving Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenation: A Meta-Analysis. Journal of clinical medicine, 8(7), 981.
JournalJOURNAL OF CLINICAL MEDICINE
RightsCopyright © 2019 by the authors. Licensee MDPI, Basel, Switzerland. This article is an open access article distributed under the terms and conditions of the Creative Commons Attribution (CC BY) license (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/).
Collection InformationThis item from the UA Faculty Publications collection is made available by the University of Arizona with support from the University of Arizona Libraries. If you have questions, please contact us at email@example.com.
Abstract41 cohort studies with a total of 10,282 adult patients receiving ECMO were enrolled. Overall, the pooled estimated incidence of AKI and severe AKI requiring RRT were 62.8% (95%CI: 52.1%-72.4%) and 44.9% (95%CI: 40.8%-49.0%), respectively. Meta-regression showed that the year of study did not significantly affect the incidence of AKI (p = 0.67) or AKI requiring RRT (p = 0.83). The pooled odds ratio (OR) of hospital mortality among patients receiving ECMO with AKI on RRT was 3.73 (95% CI, 2.87-4.85). When the analysis was limited to studies with confounder-adjusted analysis, increased hospital mortality remained significant among patients receiving ECMO with AKI requiring RRT with pooled OR of 3.32 (95% CI, 2.21-4.99). There was no publication bias as evaluated by the funnel plot and Egger's regression asymmetry test with p = 0.62 and p = 0.17 for the incidence of AKI and severe AKI requiring RRT, respectively.
NoteOpen access journal
VersionFinal published version
- Acute Kidney Injury in Pediatric Patients on Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenation: A Systematic Review and Meta-analysis.
- Authors: Hansrivijit P, Lertjitbanjong P, Thongprayoon C, Cheungpasitporn W, Aeddula NR, Salim SA, Chewcharat A, Watthanasuntorn K, Srivali N, Mao MA, Ungprasert P, Wijarnpreecha K, Kaewput W, Bathini T
- Issue date: 2019 Nov 1
- Incidence and Impact of Acute Kidney Injury after Liver Transplantation: A Meta-Analysis.
- Authors: Thongprayoon C, Kaewput W, Thamcharoen N, Bathini T, Watthanasuntorn K, Lertjitbanjong P, Sharma K, Salim SA, Ungprasert P, Wijarnpreecha K, Kröner PT, Aeddula NR, Mao MA, Cheungpasitporn W
- Issue date: 2019 Mar 17
- Acute Kidney Injury after Lung Transplantation: A Systematic Review and Meta-Analysis.
- Authors: Lertjitbanjong P, Thongprayoon C, Cheungpasitporn W, O'Corragain OA, Srivali N, Bathini T, Watthanasuntorn K, Aeddula NR, Salim SA, Ungprasert P, Gillaspie EA, Wijarnpreecha K, Mao MA, Kaewput W
- Issue date: 2019 Oct 17
- Incidence and impact of acute kidney injury on patients with implantable left ventricular assist devices: a Meta-analysis.
- Authors: Thongprayoon C, Lertjitbanjong P, Cheungpasitporn W, Hansrivijit P, Fülöp T, Kovvuru K, Kanduri SR, Davis PW, Vallabhajosyula S, Bathini T, Watthanasuntorn K, Prasitlumkum N, Chokesuwattanaskul R, Ratanapo S, Mao MA, Kashani K
- Issue date: 2020 Nov
- Acute Kidney Injury in Patients Undergoing Cardiac Transplantation: A Meta-Analysis.
- Authors: Thongprayoon C, Lertjitbanjong P, Hansrivijit P, Crisafio A, Mao MA, Watthanasuntorn K, Aeddula NR, Bathini T, Kaewput W, Cheungpasitporn W
- Issue date: 2019 Nov 1