Multi-field merit-function-based regression method for Wide Field Infrared Survey Telescope grism system alignment
AuthorDominguez, Margaret Z
Chambers, Victor J
Hagopian, John G
Marx, Catherine T
Kim, Dae Wook
AffiliationUniv Arizona, James C Wyant Coll Opt Sci
Univ Arizona, Dept Astron
Univ Arizona, Steward Observ
MetadataShow full item record
PublisherOPTICAL SOC AMER
CitationMargaret Z. Dominguez, Hyukmo Kang, Seonghui Kim, Joshua Berrier, Victor J. Chambers, Qian Gong, John G. Hagopian, Catherine T. Marx, Laurie Seide, and Dae Wook Kim, "Multi-field merit-function-based regression method for Wide Field Infrared Survey Telescope grism system alignment," Appl. Opt. 58, 6802-6812 (2019)
Rights© 2019 Optical Society of America
Collection InformationThis item from the UA Faculty Publications collection is made available by the University of Arizona with support from the University of Arizona Libraries. If you have questions, please contact us at email@example.com.
AbstractThe grating prism (grism), slitless spectrometer aboard the Wide Field Infrared Survey Telescope enables a survey of emission-line galaxies. To facilitate its opto-mechanical alignment, a six-degree-of-freedom element was fabricated using alignment fiducials and integral flats and used to measure a wavefront by using an infrared interferometer placed at various field points over a 20 x 14 deg field of view in the grism coordinate frame. Modeling identified E2 to be the most sensitive element to the grism wavefront error and was used to efficiently align the system. The merit function regression method for a wide field of view was further used to verify the higher efficiency and accuracy of the proposed alignment technique compared with the conventional sensitivity table method. (C) 2019 Optical Society of America
Note12 month embargo; published 26 August 2019
VersionFinal accepted manuscript
- Active optics system of the VLT Survey Telescope.
- Authors: Schipani P, Noethe L, Magrin D, Kuijken K, Arcidiacono C, Argomedo J, Capaccioli M, Dall'Ora M, D'Orsi S, Farinato J, Fierro D, Holzlöhner R, Marty L, Molfese C, Perrotta F, Ragazzoni R, Savarese S, Rakich A, Umbriaco G
- Issue date: 2016 Mar 1
- Aberration-corrected concave grating for the mid-infrared spectrometer aboard the Infrared Telescope in Space.
- Authors: Onaka T
- Issue date: 1995 Feb 1
- Merit function regression method for efficient alignment control of two-mirror optical systems.
- Authors: Kim S, Yang HS, Lee YW, Kim SW
- Issue date: 2007 Apr 16
- High-efficiency fused-silica reflection grism.
- Authors: Cao H, Zhou C, Ma J, Wu J, Li S
- Issue date: 2014 May 1
- Grism-based pulse shaper for line-by-line control of more than 600 optical frequency comb lines.
- Authors: Kirchner MS, Diddams SA
- Issue date: 2010 Oct 1