Coccidioidal Meningitis in New York Traced to Texas by Fungal Genomic Analysis
Final Accepted Manuscript
AuthorBarker, Bridget M
De Melo Teixeira, Marcus
Engelthaler, David M
Galgiani, John N
AffiliationUniv Arizona, Coll Med, Valley Fever Ctr Excellence
Univ Arizona, Coll Med, Dept Med
MetadataShow full item record
PublisherOXFORD UNIV PRESS INC
CitationBridget M Barker, Sujatha Rajan, Marcus De Melo Teixeira, Michelle Sewnarine, Chandler Roe, David M Engelthaler, John N Galgiani, Coccidioidal Meningitis in New York Traced to Texas by Fungal Genomic Analysis, Clinical Infectious Diseases, Volume 69, Issue 6, 15 September 2019, Pages 1060–1062, https://doi.org/10.1093/cid/ciz052
JournalCLINICAL INFECTIOUS DISEASES
Rights© The Author(s) 2019. Published by Oxford University Press for the Infectious Diseases Society of America. All rights reserved. For permissions, e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Collection InformationThis item from the UA Faculty Publications collection is made available by the University of Arizona with support from the University of Arizona Libraries. If you have questions, please contact us at email@example.com.
AbstractA child developed hydrocephalus. Sixteen months later, it was discovered to be a complication of coccidioidal meningitis. The infection's source was uncertain until genomic analysis of the fungal isolate identified its origin to be a visit to Beeville, Texas. Improved national reporting of cases of coccidioidomycosis might reduce diagnostic delays.
Note12 month embargo; published online: 1 February 2019
VersionFinal accepted manuscript
SponsorsCenters for Disease Control and PreventionUnited States Department of Health & Human ServicesCenters for Disease Control & Prevention - USA ; TGen North
- Posaconazole for chronic refractory coccidioidal meningitis.
- Authors: Schein R, Homans J, Larsen RA, Neely M
- Issue date: 2011 Dec
- Fluconazole treatment of coccidioidal meningitis in children: two case reports and a review of the literature.
- Authors: Saitoh A, Homans J, Kovacs A
- Issue date: 2000 Dec
- Meningeal coccidioidomycosis diagnosed by real-time polymerase chain reaction analysis of cerebrospinal fluid.
- Authors: Binnicker MJ, Popa AS, Catania J, Alexov M, Tsaras G, Lloyd F, Wengenack NL, Enzler MJ
- Issue date: 2011 Apr
- Percutaneous transluminal angioplasty in a patient with vasospasm secondary to coccidioidal meningitis: case report and review of the literature.
- Authors: Hu YC, Newman CB, Bristol R, McDougall CG, Albuquerque FC
- Issue date: 2011 Mar
- Successful kidney transplantation after coccidioidal meningitis.
- Authors: Kokseng SL, Blair JE
- Issue date: 2011 Jun