AuthorKylat, Ranjit I
AffiliationUniv Arizona, Coll Med, Dept Pediat
congenital heart disease
MetadataShow full item record
CitationKylat, R.I. Tracheal Stenosis and Congenital Heart Disease in Trisomy 21. Children 2019, 6, 98.
Rights© 2019 by the author. Licensee MDPI, Basel, Switzerland. This article is an open access article distributed under the terms and conditions of the Creative Commons Attribution (CC BY) license (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/).
Collection InformationThis item from the UA Faculty Publications collection is made available by the University of Arizona with support from the University of Arizona Libraries. If you have questions, please contact us at email@example.com.
AbstractTracheal rings (TR) are rare, congenital cartilaginous defect of the upper airway and are usually due to complete or near complete circumferential cartilaginous tracheal rings, with variable degrees of tracheal stenosis (TS) and shortening. Chromosomal anomalies like trisomy 21 are characteristically associated with a wide range of upper airway anomalies including TS and congenital heart disease (CHD). However, the overall prevalence of severe forms of TS is rare and reported in 1.2% of all CHD patients. Herein, we present a rare association of severe TS due to complete tracheal rings in a trisomy 21 patient with CHD and the challenges in the management.
NoteOpen access journal
VersionFinal published version
Except where otherwise noted, this item's license is described as © 2019 by the author. Licensee MDPI, Basel, Switzerland. This article is an open access article distributed under the terms and conditions of the Creative Commons Attribution (CC BY) license (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/).
- Slide tracheoplasty for the management of complete tracheal rings.
- Authors: Rutter MJ, Cotton RT, Azizkhan RG, Manning PB
- Issue date: 2003 Jun
- Growth and Management of Repaired Complete Tracheal Rings after Slide Tracheoplasty.
- Authors: Wilcox LJ, Schweiger C, Hart CK, de Alarcon A, Peddireddy NS, Rutter MJ
- Issue date: 2019 Jul
- Slide tracheoplasty for congenital tracheal stenosis: a case report.
- Authors: Lipshutz GS, Jennings RW, Lopoo JB, Farmer D, Harrison MR, Albanese CT
- Issue date: 2000 Feb
- Severe airway obstruction in an infant with congenital tracheal stenosis and congenital heart disease -A case report-.
- Authors: Kim ES, Yoon JY, Kim TK, Hong JM, Kim JE
- Issue date: 2012 Mar
- Congenital tracheal stenosis & associated cardiac anomalies: operative management & techniques.
- Authors: Sengupta A, Murthy RA
- Issue date: 2020 Mar