Worlds of Words
ABOUT THESE COLLECTIONS
Worlds of Words is committed to creating an international network of people who share the vision of bringing books and children together, thereby opening windows on the world. We encourage thoughtful dialogue around global literature so that children can reflect on their own cultural experiences and connect to the experiences of children across the globe.
Worlds of Words (WOW) holds children’s and adolescent literature focusing on world cultures and Indigenous peoples. Additional holdings include original art from published picturebook illustrators and other artifacts. Housed at the University of Arizona, College of Education, WOW has a large collection space along with a special collections room, studio, offices, visiting scholar office, and a classroom. The space is open to the public.
These resources are used to:
- promote intercultural understanding and global perspectives.
- identify excellent culturally authentic literature about children’s lives around the world.
- provide resources for adults who share a passion for connecting readers with books.
- share the stories of children’s dialogue and interactions around global literature.
- encourage the integration of global literature into the curriculum.
WOW has a number of publications including three peer-reviewed academic journals : WOW Stories, a journal of classroom vignettes, Wow Review, a journal in English of critical book reviews of global books, and WOW Libros, a journal in Spanish of critical book reviews of Spanish-language books.
All of the journals in the UA Campus Repository and on the WOW website are available free and without membership to provide the widest access possible.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org with your questions about the Worlds of Words (WOW) collections.