AffiliationUniv Arizona, Ctr Opt Sci
MetadataShow full item record
PublisherOPTICAL SOC AMER
CitationAkira Eguchi and Tom D. Milster, "Single-shot phase retrieval with complex diversity," Opt. Lett. 44, 5108-5111 (2019)
Rights© 2019 Optical Society of America
Collection InformationThis item from the UA Faculty Publications collection is made available by the University of Arizona with support from the University of Arizona Libraries. If you have questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
AbstractThe concept of complex diversity is introduced that adequately accounts for special considerations in the design of the system and the reconstruction algorithm for single-shot phase retrieval techniques. Complex-number pupil filters containing both amplitude and phase values are extracted by numerical propagation from a computer-generated hologram design, which generates multiple images in a single acquisition. The reconstruction is performed by a Fourier iterative algorithm modified with an area restriction to avoid noise amplification. Numerical simulations show that the complex diversity technique estimates extrinsic Kolmogorov aberration better than conventional single-shot techniques for a distant point object. Experiments show that sensorless adaptive optics correction is achieved using the complex diversity technique. (C) 2019 Optical Society of America
Note12 month embargo; published online: 17 October 2019
VersionFinal accepted manuscript
SponsorsCanon Inc.; Arizona Technology and Research Initiative Fund (TRIF)
- Digital adaptive optics confocal microscopy based on iterative retrieval of optical aberration from a guidestar hologram.
- Authors: Liu C, Thapa D, Yao X
- Issue date: 2017 Apr 3
- Quantitative phase imaging of live cells with near on-axis digital holographic microscopy using constrained optimization approach.
- Authors: Pandiyan VP, Khare K, John R
- Issue date: 2016 Oct 1
- Phase retrieval and adaptive optics correction for systems with diffractive surfaces.
- Authors: Finan E, Milster T
- Issue date: 2020 Aug 1
- Fourier transform digital holographic adaptive optics imaging system.
- Authors: Liu C, Yu X, Kim MK
- Issue date: 2012 Dec 10
- Simultaneous phase correction and SENSE reconstruction for navigated multi-shot DWI with non-cartesian k-space sampling.
- Authors: Liu C, Moseley ME, Bammer R
- Issue date: 2005 Dec