Exponentially Complex "Classically Entangled" States in Arrays of One-Dimensional Nonlinear Elastic Waveguides
AffiliationUniv Arizona, Dept Mat Sci & Engn
MetadataShow full item record
CitationDeymier, P.; Runge, K.; Hasan, M.A.; Calderin, L. Exponentially Complex “Classically Entangled” States in Arrays of One-Dimensional Nonlinear Elastic Waveguides. Materials 2019, 12, 3553.
RightsCopyright © 2019 by the authors. Licensee MDPI, Basel, Switzerland. This article is an open access article distributed under the terms and conditions of the Creative Commons Attribution (CC BY) license (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/).
Collection InformationThis item from the UA Faculty Publications collection is made available by the University of Arizona with support from the University of Arizona Libraries. If you have questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
AbstractWe demonstrate theoretically, using multiple-time-scale perturbation theory, the existence of nonseparable superpositions of elastic waves in an externally driven elastic system composed of three one-dimensional elastic wave guides coupled via nonlinear forces. The nonseparable states span a Hilbert space with exponential complexity. The amplitudes appearing in the nonseparable superposition of elastic states are complex quantities dependent on the frequency of the external driver. By tuning these complex amplitudes, we can navigate the state’s Hilbert space. This nonlinear elastic system is analogous to a two-partite two-level quantum system.
NoteOpen access journal
VersionFinal published version
SponsorsW. M. Keck Foundation
Except where otherwise noted, this item's license is described as Copyright © 2019 by the authors. Licensee MDPI, Basel, Switzerland. This article is an open access article distributed under the terms and conditions of the Creative Commons Attribution (CC BY) license (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/).
- Experimental demonstration of classical analogous time-dependent superposition of states.
- Authors: Mahmood KT, Hasan MA
- Issue date: 2022 Dec 30
- Experimental classical entanglement in a 16 acoustic qubit-analogue.
- Authors: Hasan MA, Runge K, Deymier PA
- Issue date: 2021 Dec 20
- Realizing acoustic qubit analogues with nonlinearly tunable phi-bits in externally driven coupled acoustic waveguides.
- Authors: Deymier PA, Runge K, Hasan MA, Lata TD, Levine JA, Cutillas P
- Issue date: 2023 Jan 12
- Experimental demonstration of coherent superpositions in an ultrasonic pseudospin.
- Authors: Calderin L, Hasan MA, Jenkins NG, Lata T, Lucas P, Runge K, Deymier PA
- Issue date: 2019 Oct 2
- Entanglement and the generation of random states in the quantum chaotic dynamics of kicked coupled tops.
- Authors: Trail CM, Madhok V, Deutsch IH
- Issue date: 2008 Oct