In-line Spectral Interferometry in Shortwave-Infrared Laser Filaments in Air
AffiliationUniv Arizona, Ctr Opt Sci
MetadataShow full item record
PublisherAMER PHYSICAL SOC
CitationRen, X., Wang, Y., Chang, Z., Welch, J., Bernstein, A., & Downer, M. et al. (2019). In-line Spectral Interferometry in Shortwave-Infrared Laser Filaments in Air. Physical Review Letters, 123(22). doi: 10.1103/physrevlett.123.223203
JournalPHYSICAL REVIEW LETTERS
RightsCopyright © 2019 American Physical Society
Collection InformationThis item from the UA Faculty Publications collection is made available by the University of Arizona with support from the University of Arizona Libraries. If you have questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
AbstractWe investigate the nonlinear propagation of intense, two-cycle, carrier-envelope phase (CEP) stable laser pulses at 1.7 μ m center wavelength in air. We observe CEP-dependent spectral interference in the visible part of the forward-propagating white light generated on propagation. The effect is robust against large fluctuations of the input pulse energy. This robustness is enabled by rigid clamping of both the peak optical field and the phase of the propagating waveform, which has been revealed by numerical simulations. The CEP locking can enhance the yield of the CEP-dependent strong-field processes in gaseous media with long-wavelength drivers, while the observed spectral interference enables single-shot, stand-off CEP metrology in the atmosphere.
VersionFinal published version
SponsorsU.S. Air Force Office of Scientific Research under MURI Grant [FA9550-16-1-0013]; US AFOSR MURI Grant [FA9550-16-1-0121]
- Long-term maintenance of the carrier-envelope phase coherence of a femtosecond laser.
- Authors: Kim EB, Lee JH, Lee WK, Luu TT, Nam CH
- Issue date: 2010 Dec 6
- High passive CEP stability from a few-cycle, tunable NOPA-DFG system for observation of CEP-effects in photoemission.
- Authors: Vogelsang J, Robin J, Piglosiewicz B, Manzoni C, Farinello P, Melzer S, Feru P, Cerullo G, Lienau C, Groß P
- Issue date: 2014 Oct 20
- CEP stable 1.6 cycle laser pulses at 1.8 μm.
- Authors: Schmidt BE, Shiner AD, Lassonde P, Kieffer JC, Corkum PB, Villeneuve DM, Légaré F
- Issue date: 2011 Mar 28
- Carrier-envelope-phase stabilized terawatt class laser at 1 kHz with a wavelength tunable option.
- Authors: Langdon B, Garlick J, Ren X, Wilson DJ, Summers AM, Zigo S, Kling MF, Lei S, Elles CG, Wells E, Poliakoff ED, Carnes KD, Kumarappan V, Ben-Itzhak I, Trallero-Herrero CA
- Issue date: 2015 Feb 23
- Waveform-controlled terahertz radiation from the air filament produced by few-cycle laser pulses.
- Authors: Bai Y, Song L, Xu R, Li C, Liu P, Zeng Z, Zhang Z, Lu H, Li R, Xu Z
- Issue date: 2012 Jun 22