AffiliationUniv Arizona, Coll Opt Sci
MetadataShow full item record
PublisherOPTICAL SOC AMER
CitationMasoud Mollaee, Pierre Lucas, Julien Ari, Xiushan Zhu, Michal Lukowski, Tariq Manzur, and N. Peyghambarian, "High Verdet constant of Te20As30Se50 glass in the mid-infrared," Opt. Lett. 45, 2183-2186 (2020)
Rights© 2020 Optical Society of America
Collection InformationThis item from the UA Faculty Publications collection is made available by the University of Arizona with support from the University of Arizona Libraries. If you have questions, please contact us at email@example.com.
AbstractMagneto-optical properties of tellurium-arsenic-selenium glass (Te20As30Se50) were measured and analyzed. A Verdet constant of 15.18 rad/T/m at 1950 nm with the figure of merit of more than 8.72 rad/T, which is the highest value reported in glass materials at this wavelength, was measured. Compared to other chalcogenide glasses, such as Ge10Se90 and Ge25As15S60, Te20As30Se50 glass exhibits higher Verdet constants, broader mid-infrared transparency window, and longer infrared absorption edge, making it a very promising material to fabricate magneto-optical devices for mid-infrared applications.
Note12 month embargo; published online: 7 April 2020
VersionFinal accepted manuscript
- High Verdet constants and diamagnetic responses of GeS<sub>2</sub>-In<sub>2</sub>S<sub>3</sub>-PbI<sub>2</sub> chalcogenide glasses for integrated optics applications.
- Authors: Xu Y, Guo H, Xiao X, Wang P, Cui X, Lu M, Lin C, Dai S, Peng B
- Issue date: 2017 Aug 21
- Chalcogenide coatings of Ge15Sb20S65 and Te20As30Se50.
- Authors: Nazabal V, Cathelinaud M, Shen W, Nemec P, Charpentier F, Lhermite H, Anne ML, Capoulade J, Grasset F, Moreac A, Inoue S, Frumar M, Adam JL, Lequime M, Amra C
- Issue date: 2008 May 1
- Magneto-optical properties of highly Dy<sup>3+</sup> doped multicomponent glasses.
- Authors: Mollaee M, Zhu X, Jenkins S, Zong J, Temyanko E, Norwood R, Chavez-Pirson A, Li M, Zelmon D, Peyghambarian N
- Issue date: 2020 Apr 13
- Forming glasses from Se and Te.
- Authors: Bureau B, Boussard-Pledel C, Lucas P, Zhang X, Lucas J
- Issue date: 2009 Oct 26
- Growth of Bi2Te3 quantum dots/rods in glass: a unique highly stable nanosystem with novel functionality for high performance magneto optical devices.
- Authors: Panmand RP, Kumar G, Mahajan SM, Shroff N, Kale BB, Gosavi SW
- Issue date: 2012 Dec 21