All-fiber polarization-maintaining mode-locked laser operated at 980 nm
AuthorAleshkina, Svetlana S
Lipatov, Denis S
Velmiskin, Vladimir V
Temyanko, Valery L
Kotov, Leonid V
Likhachev, Mikhail E
AffiliationUniv Arizona, Coll Opt Sci
MetadataShow full item record
PublisherOPTICAL SOC AMER
CitationSvetlana S. Aleshkina, Andrei Fedotov, Dmitrii Korobko, Dmitrii Stoliarov, Denis S. Lipatov, Vladimir V. Velmiskin, Valery L. Temyanko, Leonid V. Kotov, Regina Gumenyuk, and Mikhail E. Likhachev, "All-fiber polarization-maintaining mode-locked laser operated at 980 nm," Opt. Lett. 45, 2275-2278 (2020)
Rights© 2020 Optical Society of America
Collection InformationThis item from the UA Faculty Publications collection is made available by the University of Arizona with support from the University of Arizona Libraries. If you have questions, please contact us at email@example.com.
AbstractFor the first time, to the best of our knowledge, we present an all-fiber polarization-maintaining passively mode-locked picosecond laser operated at 980 nm. The laser cavity had a ring configuration with a semiconductor saturable absorber mirror as a mode-locking element. As an active medium, we used a specially designed cladding-pumped . Yb-doped fiber with reduced cladding-to-core diameter ratio. The laser was self-starting and operated in the net cavity normal dispersion regime, where a spectral profile of the gain medium acted as a filter element. By intracavity spectral filtering, we achieved about 40 dB dominance of the signal wavelength at 980 nm over 1 mu m emission in a highly stable picosecond pulsed regime. The corresponding simulation was performed to extend the knowledge about laser operation. (C) 2020 Optical Society of America
Note12 month embargo; published online: 9 April 2020
VersionFinal accepted manuscript
- Multiwavelength picosecond and single wavelength femtosecond pulses emission in a passively mode-locked fiber laser using a semiconductor saturable absorber mirror and a contrast ratio tunable comb filter.
- Authors: Luo ZC, Luo AP, Xu WC
- Issue date: 2011 Jun 20
- Fast wavelength-tunable picosecond pulses from a passively mode-locked Er fiber laser using a galvanometer-driven intracavity filter.
- Authors: Ozeki Y, Tashiro D
- Issue date: 2015 Jun 15
- Diode-pumped passively mode-locked Yb:GYSO laser generating 324 fs pulses at 1091 nm.
- Authors: Zhu J, Tian W, Wang J, Wang Z, Wei Z, Zheng L, Su L, Xu J
- Issue date: 2012 Dec 15
- High-energy laser pulse with a submegahertz repetition rate from a passively mode-locked fiber laser.
- Authors: Tian X, Tang M, Shum PP, Gong Y, Lin C, Fu S, Zhang T
- Issue date: 2009 May 1
- Cladding-pumped passively mode-locked fiber laser generating femtosecond and picosecond pulses.
- Authors: Fermann ME, Harter D, Minelly JD, Vienne GG
- Issue date: 1996 Jul 1