Reflections: a Daughter's Experience of Parental Cancer and the Beginnings of Un Abrazo Para La Familia™
AuthorMarshall, Catherine A
AffiliationUniv Arizona, Dept Disabil & Psychoeduc Studies
MetadataShow full item record
CitationMarshall, C.A. Reflections: a Daughter’s Experience of Parental Cancer and the Beginnings of Un Abrazo Para La Familia™. J Canc Educ (2020). https://doi.org/10.1007/s13187-020-01782-6
JournalJOURNAL OF CANCER EDUCATION
RightsCopyright © American Association for Cancer Education 2020
Collection InformationThis item from the UA Faculty Publications collection is made available by the University of Arizona with support from the University of Arizona Libraries. If you have questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
AbstractThe author describes her impetus and journey in developing Un Abrazo Para La Familia (TM) [Embracing the Family] (Abrazo), 3 hours of cancer information presented in an educational and modular format and designed for low-income informal caregivers who are co-survivors of cancer. A rehabilitation-informed preventive intervention, Abrazo reflects the importance of family, culture, and socioeconomic background in its approach.
Note12 month embargo; published online: 4 June 2020
VersionFinal accepted manuscript
- The Evolution of Un Abrazo Para La Familia: Implications for Survivors of Cancer.
- Authors: Marshall CA, Curran MA, Trejo J, Gonzalez AA, Armin J, Hamann HA, Badger TA, Garcia FAR
- Issue date: 2020 Apr 1
- Oregon's Familias en Acción replicates benefits for underserved cancer co-survivors through Un Abrazo Para la Familia.
- Authors: Marshall CA, Curran MA, Brownmiller G, Solarte A, Armin J, Hamann HA, Crist JD, Niemelä M, Badger TA, Weihs KL
- Issue date: 2018 Oct
- Un Abrazo Para La Familia: providing low-income Hispanics with education and skills in coping with breast cancer and caregiving.
- Authors: Marshall CA, Badger TA, Curran MA, Koerner SS, Larkey LK, Weihs KL, Verdugo L, García FA
- Issue date: 2013 Feb
- Un Abrazo Para La Familia: an evidenced-based rehabilitation approach in providing cancer education to low-SES Hispanic co-survivors.
- Authors: Marshall CA, Curran MA, Koerner SS, Kroll T, Hickman AC, García F
- Issue date: 2014 Dec
- Information and support for co-survivors during or after cancer treatment: Consideration of Un Abrazo Para la Familia as a model for family-focused intervention in cancer rehabilitation.
- Authors: Marshall CA, Curran MA, Koerner SS, Weihs KL, Hickman AC, García FA
- Issue date: 2013