The Society of Behavioral Sleep Medicine (SBSM) COVID-19 Task Force: Objectives and Summary Recommendations for Managing Sleep during a Pandemic
AuthorCrew, Earl Charles
Baron, Kelly Glazer
Grandner, Michael A
Ievers-Landis, Carolyn E
McCrae, Christina S
Nadorff, Michael R
Ochsner Margolies, Skye
AffiliationUniv Arizona, Coll Med, Dept Psychiat
MetadataShow full item record
PublisherROUTLEDGE JOURNALS, TAYLOR & FRANCIS LTD
CitationEarl Charles Crew, Kelly Glazer Baron, Michael A. Grandner, Carolyn E. Ievers-Landis, Christina S. McCrae, Michael R. Nadorff, Sara Nowakowski, Skye Ochsner Margolies & Kathryn Hansen (2020) The Society of Behavioral Sleep Medicine (SBSM) COVID-19 Task Force: Objectives and Summary Recommendations for Managing Sleep during a Pandemic, Behavioral Sleep Medicine, 18:4, 570-572, DOI: 10.1080/15402002.2020.1776288
JournalBEHAVIORAL SLEEP MEDICINE
Rights© 2020 Taylor & Francis Group, LLC
Collection InformationThis item from the UA Faculty Publications collection is made available by the University of Arizona with support from the University of Arizona Libraries. If you have questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
AbstractAs a response to clinical observations that the pervasive stress and social/environmental disruptions from the 2020 COVID-19 pandemic have also impacted sleep, the Society of Behavioral Sleep Medicine (SBSM) convened the COVID-19 Task Force with goals to identify and disseminate information that could be useful in addressing sleep concerns during this crisis. Participants Members of the SBSM COVID-19 Task Force. Results/Conclusions Herein is a summary of the resources developed by the SBSM COVID-19 Task force, which includes links to online materials developed for use by providers and patients, as well as brief descriptions of key recommendations by the Task Force for specific sleep conditions (e.g., acute insomnia, nightmares) and vulnerable populations (e.g., parents, essential/healthcare workers, older adults).
Note12 month embargo; published online: 13 June 2020
VersionFinal accepted manuscript
- Mitigating the Psychological Impact of COVID-19 on Healthcare Workers: A Digital Learning Package.
- Authors: Blake H, Bermingham F, Johnson G, Tabner A
- Issue date: 2020 Apr 26
- Editorial: Society of behavioral sleep medicine (SBSM) announces the adoption of Behavioral Sleep Medicine (BSM) as the society's official journal.
- Authors: McCrae CS, Perlis ML, Smith MT, Taylor DJ
- Issue date: 2011
- Dealing with sleep problems during home confinement due to the COVID-19 outbreak: Practical recommendations from a task force of the European CBT-I Academy.
- Authors: Altena E, Baglioni C, Espie CA, Ellis J, Gavriloff D, Holzinger B, Schlarb A, Frase L, Jernelöv S, Riemann D
- Issue date: 2020 Apr 4
- Restoring Pulmonary and Sleep Services as the COVID-19 Pandemic Lessens: From an Association of Pulmonary, Critical Care, and Sleep Division Directors and American Thoracic Society-coordinated Task Force.
- Authors: Wilson KC, Kaminsky DA, Michaud G, Sharma S, Nici L, Folz RJ, Barjaktarevic I, Bhakta NR, Cheng G, Chupp GL, Cole A, Dixon AE, Finigan JH, Graham B, Hallstrand TS, Haynes J, Hankinson J, MacIntyre N, Mandel J, McCarthy K, McCormack M, Patil SP, Rosenfeld M, Senitko M, Sethi S, Swenson ER, Stanojevic S, Teodorescu M, Weiner DJ, Wiener RS, Powell CA
- Issue date: 2020 Jul 14
- COVID-19 and Sleep in Medical Staff: Reflections, Clinical Evidences, and Perspectives.
- Authors: Ferini-Strambi L, Zucconi M, Casoni F, Salsone M
- Issue date: 2020