The Society of Behavioral Sleep Medicine (SBSM) COVID-19 Task Force: Objectives and Summary Recommendations for Managing Sleep during a Pandemic
AuthorCrew, Earl Charles
Baron, Kelly Glazer
Grandner, Michael A
Ievers-Landis, Carolyn E
McCrae, Christina S
Nadorff, Michael R
Ochsner Margolies, Skye
AffiliationUniv Arizona, Coll Med, Dept Psychiat
MetadataShow full item record
PublisherROUTLEDGE JOURNALS, TAYLOR & FRANCIS LTD
CitationEarl Charles Crew, Kelly Glazer Baron, Michael A. Grandner, Carolyn E. Ievers-Landis, Christina S. McCrae, Michael R. Nadorff, Sara Nowakowski, Skye Ochsner Margolies & Kathryn Hansen (2020) The Society of Behavioral Sleep Medicine (SBSM) COVID-19 Task Force: Objectives and Summary Recommendations for Managing Sleep during a Pandemic, Behavioral Sleep Medicine, 18:4, 570-572, DOI: 10.1080/15402002.2020.1776288
JournalBEHAVIORAL SLEEP MEDICINE
Rights© 2020 Taylor & Francis Group, LLC
Collection InformationThis item from the UA Faculty Publications collection is made available by the University of Arizona with support from the University of Arizona Libraries. If you have questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
AbstractAs a response to clinical observations that the pervasive stress and social/environmental disruptions from the 2020 COVID-19 pandemic have also impacted sleep, the Society of Behavioral Sleep Medicine (SBSM) convened the COVID-19 Task Force with goals to identify and disseminate information that could be useful in addressing sleep concerns during this crisis. Participants Members of the SBSM COVID-19 Task Force. Results/Conclusions Herein is a summary of the resources developed by the SBSM COVID-19 Task force, which includes links to online materials developed for use by providers and patients, as well as brief descriptions of key recommendations by the Task Force for specific sleep conditions (e.g., acute insomnia, nightmares) and vulnerable populations (e.g., parents, essential/healthcare workers, older adults).
Note12 month embargo; published online: 13 June 2020
VersionFinal accepted manuscript
- The examination of sleep quality for frontline healthcare workers during the outbreak of COVID-19.
- Authors: Jahrami H, BaHammam AS, AlGahtani H, Ebrahim A, Faris M, AlEid K, Saif Z, Haji E, Dhahi A, Marzooq H, Hubail S, Hasan Z
- Issue date: 2021 Mar
- Sleep characteristics in health workers exposed to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Authors: Herrero San Martin A, Parra Serrano J, Diaz Cambriles T, Arias Arias EM, Muñoz Méndez J, Del Yerro Álvarez MJ, González Sánchez M
- Issue date: 2020 Nov
- Factors associated with mental health outcomes across healthcare settings in Oman during COVID-19: frontline versus non-frontline healthcare workers.
- Authors: Alshekaili M, Hassan W, Al Said N, Al Sulaimani F, Jayapal SK, Al-Mawali A, Chan MF, Mahadevan S, Al-Adawi S
- Issue date: 2020 Oct 10
- Pediatric neurosurgery during the COVID-19 pandemic: update and recommendations from the Brazilian Society of Pediatric Neurosurgery.
- Authors: Ballestero MFM, Furlanetti L, de Oliveira RS
- Issue date: 2020 Dec
- Testing an early online intervention for the treatment of disturbed sleep during the COVID-19 pandemic (Sleep COVID-19): structured summary of a study protocol for a randomised controlled trial.
- Authors: Elder GJ, Alfonso-Miller P, Atkinson WCM, Santhi N, Ellis JG
- Issue date: 2020 Aug 8