Combined nocturnal pulse oximetry and questionnaire-based obstructive sleep apnea screening - A cohort study
AffiliationUniv Arizona, Coll Med, Dept Internal Med, Banner Univ Med Ctr, Div Pulm Crit Care & Sleep Med
MetadataShow full item record
CitationMashaqi, S., Staebler, D., & Mehra, R. (2020). Combined Nocturnal Pulse Oximetry and Questionnaire-Based Obstructive Sleep Apnea Screening–A Cohort Study. Sleep Medicine.
RightsCopyright © 2020 Elsevier B.V. All rights reserved.
Collection InformationThis item from the UA Faculty Publications collection is made available by the University of Arizona with support from the University of Arizona Libraries. If you have questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
AbstractWe conducted a retrospective cohort study. We reviewed the electronic medical records of 130 patients who were referred to Sanford sleep center from both inpatient and outpatient settings over one year (August 1st, 2016 to August 1st, 2017). Nocturnal oximetry was conducted at home (in the outpatient group) and in the medical wards (in the inpatient group), and the following measures were obtained: Oxygen Desaturation Index (ODIPOx), mean SaO2POx and time spent below 88% SaO2 (T88Pox). Apnea-hypopnea index (AHI), mean SaO2PSG, and T88PSG from overnight polysomnography (PSG) and STOP-BANG score.
Note12 month embargo; available online 3 April 2020
VersionFinal accepted manuscript
- Using a modified version of the "STOP-BANG" questionnaire and nocturnal oxygen desaturation to predict obstructive sleep apnea after stroke or TIA.
- Authors: Boulos MI, Colelli DR, Vaccarino SR, Kamra M, Murray BJ, Swartz RH
- Issue date: 2019 Apr
- Can STOP-Bang and Pulse Oximetry Detect and Exclude Obstructive Sleep Apnea?
- Authors: Christensson E, Franklin KA, Sahlin C, Palm A, Ulfberg J, Eriksson LI, Lindberg E, Hagel E, Jonsson Fagerlund M
- Issue date: 2018 Sep
- Evaluation of the Arabic version of STOP-Bang questionnaire as a screening tool for obstructive sleep apnea.
- Authors: Alhouqani S, Al Manhali M, Al Essa A, Al-Houqani M
- Issue date: 2015 Dec
- High-resolution wrist-worn overnight oximetry has high positive predictive value for obstructive sleep apnea in a sleep study referral population.
- Authors: Kunisaki KM, Bohn OA, Wetherbee EE, Rector TS
- Issue date: 2016 May
- Diagnostic accuracy of the Berlin questionnaire, STOP-BANG, STOP, and Epworth sleepiness scale in detecting obstructive sleep apnea: A bivariate meta-analysis.
- Authors: Chiu HY, Chen PY, Chuang LP, Chen NH, Tu YK, Hsieh YJ, Wang YC, Guilleminault C
- Issue date: 2017 Dec