Efficient single-mode 976 nm amplifier based on a 45 micron outer diameter Yb-doped fiber
AffiliationUniv Arizona, JC Wyant Coll Opt Sci
MetadataShow full item record
PublisherOPTICAL SOC AMER
CitationKotov, L., Temyanko, V., Aleshkina, S., Bubnov, M., Lipatov, D., & Likhachev, M. (2020). Efficient single-mode 976 nm amplifier based on a 45 micron outer diameter Yb-doped fiber. Optics Letters, 45(15), 4292-4295.
RightsCopyright © 2020 Optical Society of America
Collection InformationThis item from the UA Faculty Publications collection is made available by the University of Arizona with support from the University of Arizona Libraries. If you have questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
AbstractIn this paper, we present a novel single-mode Yb-doped fiber with 14 mu m core and 45 mu m cladding diameter. A 976 nm all-fiber high-power amplifier was manufactured based on this fiber. 10-mm-long fiber taper was used to launch the pump light, and guidance of the high NA pump was provided by a glass-air interface. 13 W output power limited only by the available pump power was achieved with 31% slope efficiency. (C) 2020 Optical Society of America
Note12 month embargo; published 29 July 2020
VersionFinal accepted manuscript
- Efficient single-mode operation of a cladding-pumped ytterbium-doped helical-core fiber laser.
- Authors: Wang P, Cooper LJ, Sahu JK, Clarkson WA
- Issue date: 2006 Jan 15
- Large-mode-area multicore Yb-doped fiber for an efficient high power 976 nm laser.
- Authors: Li H, Zang J, Raghuraman S, Chen S, Goel C, Xia N, Ishaaya A, Yoo S
- Issue date: 2021 Jul 5
- 75 W 40% efficiency single-mode all-fiber erbium-doped laser cladding pumped at 976 nm.
- Authors: Kotov LV, Likhachev ME, Bubnov MM, Medvedkov OI, Yashkov MV, Guryanov AN, Lhermite J, Février S, Cormier E
- Issue date: 2013 Jul 1
- Single mode 4.3 kW output power from a diode-pumped Yb-doped fiber amplifier.
- Authors: Beier F, Hupel C, Kuhn S, Hein S, Nold J, Proske F, Sattler B, Liem A, Jauregui C, Limpert J, Haarlammert N, Schreiber T, Eberhardt R, Tünnermann A
- Issue date: 2017 Jun 26
- Suppression of stimulated Raman scattering in a high power Yb-doped fiber amplifier using a W-type core with fundamental mode cut-off.
- Authors: Kim J, Dupriez P, Codemard C, Nilsson J, Sahu JK
- Issue date: 2006 Jun 12