Genome Sequence of the Alphaproteobacterium Blastochloris sulfoviridis DSM 729, Which Requires Reduced Sulfur as a Growth Supplement and Contains Bacteriochlorophyll
AffiliationUniv Arizona, Dept Chem & Biochem
MetadataShow full item record
PublisherAMER SOC MICROBIOLOGY
CitationKyndt, J. A., Salama, D. M., & Meyer, T. E. (2020). Genome Sequence of the Alphaproteobacterium Blastochloris sulfoviridis DSM 729, Which Requires Reduced Sulfur as a Growth Supplement and Contains Bacteriochlorophyll b. Microbiology Resource Announcements, 9(18).
RightsCopyright © 2020 Kyndt et al. This is an open-access article distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International license.
Collection InformationThis item from the UA Faculty Publications collection is made available by the University of Arizona with support from the University of Arizona Libraries. If you have questions, please contact us at email@example.com.
AbstractThe genome sequence of Blastochloris sulfoviridis is 3.85 Mb with a GC content of 68%. Its nearest relative is B.tepida (average nucleotide identity [ANI], 91.5%), followed by B.viridis (ANI, 83%). According to ANI and whole-genome-based phylogenetic analysis, the nearest relatives of Blastochloris are Rhodoplanes and Rhodopseudomonas, confirming the recognition of distinct genera.
NoteOpen access journal
VersionFinal published version
Except where otherwise noted, this item's license is described as Copyright © 2020 Kyndt et al. This is an open-access article distributed under the terms of the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International license.
- Blastochloris tepida, sp. nov., a thermophilic species of the bacteriochlorophyll b-containing genus Blastochloris.
- Authors: Madigan MT, Resnick SM, Kempher ML, Dohnalkova AC, Takaichi S, Wang-Otomo ZY, Toyoda A, Kurokawa K, Mori H, Tsukatani Y
- Issue date: 2019 Dec
- Blastochloris gulmargensis sp. nov., isolated from an epilithic phototrophic biofilm.
- Authors: Venkata Ramana V, Kapoor S, Shobha E, Ramprasad EVV, Sasikala C, Ramana CV
- Issue date: 2011 Aug
- [Isolation and identification of Rhodopseudomonas viridis and Rhodopseudomonas sulfoviridis].
- Authors: Yang S, Zhang Z, Zhao C
- Issue date: 1995 Apr
- Complete Genome Sequence of the Bacteriochlorophyll b-Producing Photosynthetic Bacterium Blastochloris viridis.
- Authors: Tsukatani Y, Hirose Y, Harada J, Misawa N, Mori K, Inoue K, Tamiaki H
- Issue date: 2015 Sep 3