Generalized Polarimetric Dehazing Method Based on Low-Pass Filtering in Frequency Domain
AffiliationUniv Arizona, James C Wyant Coll Opt Sci
MetadataShow full item record
CitationLiang, J., Ju, H., Ren, L., Yang, L., & Liang, R. (2020). Generalized polarimetric dehazing method based on low-pass filtering in frequency domain. Sensors, 20(6), 1729.
Rights© 2020 by the authors. Licensee MDPI, Basel, Switzerland. This article is an open access article distributed under the terms and conditions of the Creative Commons Attribution (CC BY) license (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/).
Collection InformationThis item from the UA Faculty Publications collection is made available by the University of Arizona with support from the University of Arizona Libraries. If you have questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
AbstractPolarimetric dehazing methods can significantly enhance the quality of hazy images. However, current methods are not robust enough under different imaging conditions. In this paper, we propose a generalized polarimetric dehazing method based on low-pass filtering in the frequency domain. This method can accurately estimate the polarized state of the scattering light automatically without adjusting bias parameters. Experimental results show the effectiveness and robustness of our proposed method in different hazy weather and scattering underwater environments with different densities. Furthermore, computational efficiency is enhanced more than 70% compared to the polarimetric dehazing method we proposed previously.
NoteOpen access journal
VersionFinal published version
Except where otherwise noted, this item's license is described as © 2020 by the authors. Licensee MDPI, Basel, Switzerland. This article is an open access article distributed under the terms and conditions of the Creative Commons Attribution (CC BY) license (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/).
- Low-pass filtering based polarimetric dehazing method for dense haze removal.
- Authors: Liang J, Ren L, Liang R
- Issue date: 2021 Aug 30
- Polarimetric dehazing method for visibility improvement based on visible and infrared image fusion.
- Authors: Liang J, Zhang W, Ren L, Ju H, Qu E
- Issue date: 2016 Oct 10
- Polarimetric dehazing utilizing spatial frequency segregation of images.
- Authors: Liu F, Cao L, Shao X, Han P, Bin X
- Issue date: 2015 Sep 20
- Polarization dehazing method based on spatial frequency division and fusion for a far-field and dense hazy image.
- Authors: Huang F, Ke C, Wu X, Wang S, Wu J, Wang X
- Issue date: 2021 Oct 20
- Non-sky polarization-based dehazing algorithm for non-specular objects using polarization difference and global scene feature.
- Authors: Qu Y, Zou Z
- Issue date: 2017 Oct 16