An annual time series of weekly size-resolved aerosol properties in the megacity of Metro Manila, Philippines
Cruz, Melliza Templonuevo
Bañaga, Paola Angela
Braun, Rachel A
Aghdam, Mojtaba Azadi
Cambaliza, Maria Obiminda
Lorenzo, Genevieve Rose
MacDonald, Alexander B
Pabroa, Preciosa Corazon
Yee, John Robin
Simpas, James Bernard
AffiliationUniv Arizona, Dept Chem & Environm Engn
Univ Arizona, Dept Hydrol & Atmospher Sci
MetadataShow full item record
PublisherNATURE PUBLISHING GROUP
CitationStahl, C., Cruz, M. T., Bañaga, P. A., Betito, G., Braun, R. A., Aghdam, M. A., ... & Sorooshian, A. (2020). An annual time series of weekly size-resolved aerosol properties in the megacity of Metro Manila, Philippines. Scientific Data, 7(1), 1-13.
Rights© The Author(s) 2020. This article is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License. The Creative Commons Public Domain Dedication waiver http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/ applies to the metadata files associated with this article.
Collection InformationThis item from the UA Faculty Publications collection is made available by the University of Arizona with support from the University of Arizona Libraries. If you have questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
AbstractMeasurement(s)ion concentration center dot concentration of water-soluble element center dot particulate matter center dot size distribution center dot mass concentration of black carbonTechnology Type(s)ion chromatography center dot inductively coupled plasma mass spectrometry center dot Micro-Orifice Uniform Deposit Impactors (MOUDI) center dot Multi-wavelength Absorption Black Carbon Instrument (MABI) center dot gravimetric analysisFactor Type(s)geographic locationSample Characteristic - LocationNational Capital Region Machine-accessible metadata file describing the reported data: 10.6084/m9.figshare.12037197 Size-resolved aerosol samples were collected in Metro Manila between July 2018 and October 2019. Two Micro-Orifice Uniform Deposit Impactors (MOUDI) were deployed at Manila Observatory in Quezon City, Metro Manila with samples collected on a weekly basis for water-soluble speciation and mass quantification. Additional sets were collected for gravimetric and black carbon analysis, including during special events such as holidays. The unique aspect of the presented data is a year-long record with weekly frequency of size-resolved aerosol composition in a highly populated megacity where there is a lack of measurements. The data are suitable for research to understand the sources, evolution, and fate of atmospheric aerosols, as well as studies focusing on phenomena such as aerosol-cloud-precipitation-meteorology interactions, regional climate, boundary layer processes, and health effects. The dataset can be used to initialize, validate, and/or improve models and remote sensing algorithms.
NoteOpen access journal
VersionFinal published version
Except where otherwise noted, this item's license is described as © The Author(s) 2020. This article is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License. The Creative Commons Public Domain Dedication waiver http://creativecommons.org/publicdomain/zero/1.0/ applies to the metadata files associated with this article.
- A multi-year data set on aerosol-cloud-precipitation-meteorology interactions for marine stratocumulus clouds.
- Authors: Sorooshian A, MacDonald AB, Dadashazar H, Bates KH, Coggon MM, Craven JS, Crosbie E, Hersey SP, Hodas N, Lin JJ, Negrón Marty A, Maudlin LC, Metcalf AR, Murphy SM, Padró LT, Prabhakar G, Rissman TA, Shingler T, Varutbangkul V, Wang Z, Woods RK, Chuang PY, Nenes A, Jonsson HH, Flagan RC, Seinfeld JH
- Issue date: 2018 Feb 27
- Comprehensive simultaneous shipboard and airborne characterization of exhaust from a modern container ship at sea.
- Authors: Murphy SM, Agrawal H, Sorooshian A, Padró LT, Gates H, Hersey S, Welch WA, Lung H, Miller JW, Cocker DR 3rd, Nenes A, Jonsson HH, Flagan RC, Seinfeld JH
- Issue date: 2009 Jul 1
- Source apportionment of size-segregated atmospheric particles based on the major water-soluble components in Lecce (Italy).
- Authors: Contini D, Cesari D, Genga A, Siciliano M, Ielpo P, Guascito MR, Conte M
- Issue date: 2014 Feb 15
- Mulitphase Atmospheric Chemistry in Liquid Water: Impacts and Controllability of Organic Aerosol.
- Authors: Carlton AG, Christiansen AE, Flesch MM, Hennigan CJ, Sareen N
- Issue date: 2020 Sep 15
- Cellular and Acellular Assays for Measuring Oxidative Stress Induced by Ambient and Laboratory-Generated Aerosols.
- Authors: Ng NL, Tuet WY, Chen Y, Fok S, Gao D, Tagle Rodriguez MS, Klein M, Grosberg A, Weber RJ, Champion JA
- Issue date: 2019 Mar