Evaluation of drug information resources for interactions between therapeutic drugs and drugs of abuse
AffiliationUniv Arizona, Hlth Sci Lib
MetadataShow full item record
PublisherMEDICAL LIBRARY ASSOC
CitationBeckett, R. D., Martin, J. R., Stump, C. D., & Dyer, M. A. (2020). Evaluation of drug information resources for interactions between therapeutic drugs and drugs of abuse. Journal of the Medical Library Association: JMLA, 108(4), 584.
RightsCopyright © 2020 Robert D. Beckett, Jennifer R. Martin, Curtis D. Stump, Megan A. Dyer. Articles in this journal are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
Collection InformationThis item from the UA Faculty Publications collection is made available by the University of Arizona with support from the University of Arizona Libraries. If you have questions, please contact us at email@example.com.
AbstractA cross-sectional evaluation study was conducted focusing on seven resources: Clinical Pharmacology, Facts & Comparisons eAnswers, Lexicomp Online, Micromedex, Drug Interactions Analysis and Management, Drug Interaction Facts, and Stockley's Drug Interactions. A sample of clinically relevant interactions was developed through review of tertiary literature and resources, and input was solicited from subject matter experts. Entries from each resource for each interaction were evaluated for scope (i.e., whether there was an entry for the interaction); completeness (i.e., whether there was information addressing mechanism; clinical effects, severity, course of action, and level of certainty, described as a median rating on a 5-point scale); and consistency (i.e., whether the information in the resource was similar to the majority) among resources with an entry.
NoteOpen access journal
VersionFinal published version
Except where otherwise noted, this item's license is described as Copyright © 2020 Robert D. Beckett, Jennifer R. Martin, Curtis D. Stump, Megan A. Dyer. Articles in this journal are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License.
- Evaluation of drug information resources for drug-ethanol and drug-tobacco interactions.
- Authors: Beckett RD, Stump CD, Dyer MA
- Issue date: 2019 Jan
- Evaluation of resources for analyzing drug interactions.
- Authors: Patel RI, Beckett RD
- Issue date: 2016 Oct
- Evaluation of Point-of-Care Resources for Dietary Supplement Information.
- Authors: Montgomery AE, Beckett RD, Montagano KJ, Kutom S
- Issue date: 2018 Jan-Dec
- An evaluation of pharmacogenomic information provided by five common drug information resources.
- Authors: Vaughan KT, Scolaro KL, Anksorus HN, Roederer MW
- Issue date: 2014 Jan
- Evaluation of frequently used drug interaction screening programs.
- Authors: Vonbach P, Dubied A, Krähenbühl S, Beer JH
- Issue date: 2008 Aug