Randomized Double-Blind Phase II Study of Maintenance Pembrolizumab Versus Placebo After First-Line Chemotherapy in Patients With Metastatic Urothelial Cancer
AuthorGalsky, Matthew D
Milowsky, Matthew I
Fleming, Mark T
Dang, Long H
Geynisman, Daniel M
Alter, Robert S
Quinn, David I
Haines, G Kenneth
Hahn, Noah M
Pal, Sumanta K
AffiliationUniv Arizona, Dign Hlth St Josephs Hosp & Med Ctr, Canc Ctr
MetadataShow full item record
PublisherAMER SOC CLINICAL ONCOLOGY
CitationGalsky, M. D., Mortazavi, A., Milowsky, M. I., George, S., Gupta, S., Fleming, M. T., ... & Pal, S. K. (2020). Randomized double-blind phase II study of maintenance pembrolizumab versus placebo after first-line chemotherapy in patients with metastatic urothelial cancer. Journal of Clinical Oncology, 38(16), 1797-1806.
JournalJOURNAL OF CLINICAL ONCOLOGY
Rights© 2020 by American Society of Clinical Oncology.
Collection InformationThis item from the UA Faculty Publications collection is made available by the University of Arizona with support from the University of Arizona Libraries. If you have questions, please contact us at email@example.com.
AbstractBetween December 2015 and November 2018, 108 patients were randomly assigned to pembrolizumab (n = 55) or placebo (n = 53). The objective response rate was 23% with pembrolizumab and 10% with placebo. Treatment-emergent grade 3-4 adverse events occurred in 59% receiving pembrolizumab and 38% of patients receiving placebo. Progression-free survival was significantly longer with maintenance pembrolizumab versus placebo (5.4 months [95% CI, 3.1 to 7.3 months] v 3.0 months [95% CI; 2.7 to 5.5 months]; hazard ratio, 0.65; log-rank P = .04; maximum efficiency robust test P = .039). Median overall survival was 22 months (95% CI, 12.9 months to not reached) with pembrolizumab and 18.7 months (95% CI, 11.4 months to not reached) with placebo. There was no significant interaction between PD-L1 CPS ≥ 10 and treatment arm for progression-free survival or overall survival.
Note12 month embargo; first published online 9 April 2020
VersionFinal published version
- Durvalumab alone and durvalumab plus tremelimumab versus chemotherapy in previously untreated patients with unresectable, locally advanced or metastatic urothelial carcinoma (DANUBE): a randomised, open-label, multicentre, phase 3 trial.
- Authors: Powles T, van der Heijden MS, Castellano D, Galsky MD, Loriot Y, Petrylak DP, Ogawa O, Park SH, Lee JL, De Giorgi U, Bögemann M, Bamias A, Eigl BJ, Gurney H, Mukherjee SD, Fradet Y, Skoneczna I, Tsiatas M, Novikov A, Suárez C, Fay AP, Duran I, Necchi A, Wildsmith S, He P, Angra N, Gupta AK, Levin W, Bellmunt J, DANUBE study investigators
- Issue date: 2020 Dec
- Pembrolizumab alone or combined with chemotherapy versus chemotherapy as first-line therapy for advanced urothelial carcinoma (KEYNOTE-361): a randomised, open-label, phase 3 trial.
- Authors: Powles T, Csőszi T, Özgüroğlu M, Matsubara N, Géczi L, Cheng SY, Fradet Y, Oudard S, Vulsteke C, Morales Barrera R, Fléchon A, Gunduz S, Loriot Y, Rodriguez-Vida A, Mamtani R, Yu EY, Nam K, Imai K, Homet Moreno B, Alva A, KEYNOTE-361 Investigators
- Issue date: 2021 Jul
- Pembrolizumab plus chemotherapy versus chemotherapy alone for first-line treatment of advanced oesophageal cancer (KEYNOTE-590): a randomised, placebo-controlled, phase 3 study.
- Authors: Sun JM, Shen L, Shah MA, Enzinger P, Adenis A, Doi T, Kojima T, Metges JP, Li Z, Kim SB, Cho BC, Mansoor W, Li SH, Sunpaweravong P, Maqueda MA, Goekkurt E, Hara H, Antunes L, Fountzilas C, Tsuji A, Oliden VC, Liu Q, Shah S, Bhagia P, Kato K, KEYNOTE-590 Investigators
- Issue date: 2021 Aug 28
- Updated Analysis of KEYNOTE-024: Pembrolizumab Versus Platinum-Based Chemotherapy for Advanced Non-Small-Cell Lung Cancer With PD-L1 Tumor Proportion Score of 50% or Greater.
- Authors: Reck M, Rodríguez-Abreu D, Robinson AG, Hui R, Csőszi T, Fülöp A, Gottfried M, Peled N, Tafreshi A, Cuffe S, O'Brien M, Rao S, Hotta K, Vandormael K, Riccio A, Yang J, Pietanza MC, Brahmer JR
- Issue date: 2019 Mar 1
- Pembrolizumab plus Chemotherapy in Metastatic Non-Small-Cell Lung Cancer.
- Authors: Gandhi L, Rodríguez-Abreu D, Gadgeel S, Esteban E, Felip E, De Angelis F, Domine M, Clingan P, Hochmair MJ, Powell SF, Cheng SY, Bischoff HG, Peled N, Grossi F, Jennens RR, Reck M, Hui R, Garon EB, Boyer M, Rubio-Viqueira B, Novello S, Kurata T, Gray JE, Vida J, Wei Z, Yang J, Raftopoulos H, Pietanza MC, Garassino MC, KEYNOTE-189 Investigators
- Issue date: 2018 May 31