Validation of a brief scale to assess ambulatory patients' perceptions of reading visit notes: a scale development study
AuthorWright, Julie A
Leveille, Suzanne G
AffiliationUniv Arizona, Coll Med, Clin Data Analyt & Decis Support
MetadataShow full item record
PublisherBMJ PUBLISHING GROUP
CitationWright, J. A., Leveille, S. G., Chimowitz, H., Fossa, A., Stametz, R., Clarke, D., & Walker, J. (2020). Validation of a brief scale to assess ambulatory patients’ perceptions of reading visit notes: a scale development study. BMJ Open, 10(10), e034517.
Rights© Author(s) (or their employer(s)) 2020. Re-use permitted under CC BY-NC.
Collection InformationThis item from the UA Faculty Publications collection is made available by the University of Arizona with support from the University of Arizona Libraries. If you have questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
AbstractStudy 1 resulted in the selection of a 10-point importance response option format over a 4-point agreement scale. Exploratory factor analysis (EFA) in study 2 resulted in two-factor solution: a four-item benefits factor with good reliability (alpha=0.83) and a three-item risks factor with poor reliability (alpha=0.52). The factor structure was confirmed in study 3, and confirmatory factor analysis of benefit items resulted in an excellent fitting model, X2(2)=2.949; confirmatory factor index=0.998; root mean square error of approximation=0.04 (0.00, 0.142); loadings 0.68-0.86; alpha=0.88. Study 4 supported configural, measurement and structural invariance for the benefits scale across high and low-education patient groups.
NoteOpen access journal
VersionFinal published version
Except where otherwise noted, this item's license is described as © Author(s) (or their employer(s)) 2020. Re-use permitted under CC BY-NC.
- The Chinese version of the Perceived Stress Questionnaire: development and validation amongst medical students and workers.
- Authors: Meng R, Li J, Wang Z, Zhang D, Liu B, Luo Y, Hu Y, Yu C
- Issue date: 2020 Mar 13
- The Development and Validation of the Sexual and Relationship Distress Scale.
- Authors: Frost R, Donovan C
- Issue date: 2018 Aug
- Assessing patient experience with patient safety in primary care: development and validation of the ASK-ME-questionnaire.
- Authors: Stahl K, Reisinger A, Groene O
- Issue date: 2022 Apr 6
- Collective Empowerment in Online Health Communities: Scale Development and Empirical Validation.
- Authors: Atanasova S, Petric G
- Issue date: 2019 Nov 20
- Physicians' perceptions of autonomy support during transition to value-based reimbursement: A multi-center psychometric evaluation of six-item and three-item measures.
- Authors: Waddimba AC, Mohr DC, Beckman HB, Meterko MM
- Issue date: 2020