AffiliationDepartment of Physics, University of Arizona
MetadataShow full item record
PublisherIOP Publishing Ltd
CitationShu, Z., & Kong, T. (2021). Spin stiffness of chromium-based van der Waals ferromagnets. Journal of Physics: Condensed Matter, 33(19), 195803.
Rights© 2021 IOP Publishing Ltd.
Collection InformationThis item from the UA Faculty Publications collection is made available by the University of Arizona with support from the University of Arizona Libraries. If you have questions, please contact us at email@example.com.
AbstractLow temperature magnetization of CrI3, CrSiTe3 and CrGeTe3 single crystals were systematically studied. Based on the temperature dependence of extrapolated spontaneous magnetization from magnetic isotherms measured at different temperatures, the spin stiffness constant (D) and spin excitation gap (Δ) were extracted according to Bloch's law. For spin stiffness, D is estimated to be 27 ± 6 meV Å2, 20 ± 3 meV Å2 and 38 ± 7 meV Å2 for CrI3, CrSiTe3 and CrGeTe3 respectively. Spin excitation gaps determined via Bloch's formulation have larger error bars yielding 0.59 ± 0.34 meV (CrI3), 0.37 ± 0.22 meV (CrSiTe3) and 0.28 ± 0.19 meV (CrGeTe3). Among all three studied compounds, larger spin stiffness value leads to higher ferromagnetic transition temperature.
Note12 month embargo; published 23 April 2021
VersionFinal accepted manuscript
- Two-Dimensional van der Waals Nanoplatelets with Robust Ferromagnetism.
- Authors: De Siena MC, Creutz SE, Regan A, Malinowski P, Jiang Q, Kluherz KT, Zhu G, Lin Z, De Yoreo JJ, Xu X, Chu JH, Gamelin DR
- Issue date: 2020 Mar 11
- Tunneling Spin Valves Based on Fe<sub>3</sub>GeTe<sub>2</sub>/hBN/Fe<sub>3</sub>GeTe<sub>2</sub> van der Waals Heterostructures.
- Authors: Wang Z, Sapkota D, Taniguchi T, Watanabe K, Mandrus D, Morpurgo AF
- Issue date: 2018 Jul 11
- High Curie temperature and strain-induced semiconductor-metal transition with spin reorientation transition in 2D CrPbTe<sub>3</sub> monolayer.
- Authors: Khan I, Hong J
- Issue date: 2020 May 8
- Proximity Spin-Orbit Torque on a Two-Dimensional Magnet within van der Waals Heterostructure: Current-Driven Antiferromagnet-to-Ferromagnet Reversible Nonequilibrium Phase Transition in Bilayer CrI<sub>3</sub>.
- Authors: Dolui K, Petrović MD, Zollner K, Plecháč P, Fabian J, Nikolić BK
- Issue date: 2020 Apr 8
- Spin-Valve Effect in Fe<sub>3</sub>GeTe<sub>2</sub>/MoS<sub>2</sub>/Fe<sub>3</sub>GeTe<sub>2</sub> van der Waals Heterostructures.
- Authors: Lin H, Yan F, Hu C, Lv Q, Zhu W, Wang Z, Wei Z, Chang K, Wang K
- Issue date: 2020 Sep 30