A Tool for Creating Snapshots of Faculty Contributions to Pharmacy Education
AffiliationUniversity of Arizona, College of Pharmacy
MetadataShow full item record
CitationAlbon, S. P., Cooley, J. H., & Janke, K. K. (2022). A Tool for Creating Snapshots of Faculty Contributions to Pharmacy Education. American Journal of Pharmaceutical Education.
RightsCopyright © 2022 American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy.
Collection InformationThis item from the UA Faculty Publications collection is made available by the University of Arizona with support from the University of Arizona Libraries. If you have questions, please contact us at email@example.com.
AbstractMost faculty members' contributions to pharmacy education are significant but often challenging to document and describe. In addition, contributions may go unrecognized or rewarded unless the work results in a publication or presentation. Drawing on a metaphor of the importance of a fisher taking a photo to capture memories of a successful fishing trip, this commentary examines methods for faculty to identify and organize their academic contributions. Frameworks and a visual tool are presented to assist pharmacy educators in thinking systematically about the full breadth of education contributions. Using the frameworks and visualization tool provided, a more complete picture of education contributions can be developed, allowing educators to create visual "snapshots" of their work for others to see and appreciate. © 2022 American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy.
VersionFinal published version
- An Analysis of Community Pharmacy Shared Faculty Members' Contributions to Teaching, Service, and Scholarship.
- Authors: Bacci JL, Akinwale TP, Adams AJ, McGivney MS
- Issue date: 2016 Sep 25
- Analysis of Research and Scholarship Criteria Within Promotion and Tenure Documents of US Pharmacy Schools.
- Authors: Snider A, Hight K, Brunson A, Payakachat N, Franks AM
- Issue date: 2021 Mar
- Educational Background and Academic Rank of Faculty Members within US Schools of Pharmacy.
- Authors: Assemi M, Hudmon KS, Sowinski KM, Corelli RL
- Issue date: 2016 May 25
- The impact of failure on faculty development.
- Authors: Nohria R, McBane S
- Issue date: 2022 Feb
- Clinical pharmacy academic career transitions: Viewpoints from the field Part 2: Understanding and balancing the distribution of effort.
- Authors: Thompson A, Blackmer A, Jeffres M, Glode A, Mahyari N, Thompson M
- Issue date: 2018 Feb