Raman Interferometry between Autoionizing States to Probe Ultrafast Wave-Packet Dynamics with High Spectral Resolution
AffiliationDepartment of Physics, University of Arizona
College of Optical Sciences, University of Arizona
MetadataShow full item record
PublisherAmerican Physical Society
CitationPlunkett, A., Alarcón, M. A., Wood, J. K., Greene, C. H., & Sandhu, A. (2022). Raman Interferometry between Autoionizing States to Probe Ultrafast Wave-Packet Dynamics with High Spectral Resolution. Physical Review Letters.
JournalPhysical Review Letters
RightsCopyright © 2022 American Physical Society.
Collection InformationThis item from the UA Faculty Publications collection is made available by the University of Arizona with support from the University of Arizona Libraries. If you have questions, please contact us at email@example.com.
AbstractPhotoelectron interferometry with femtosecond and attosecond light pulses is a powerful probe of the fast electron wave-packet dynamics, albeit it has practical limitations on the energy resolution. We show that one can simultaneously obtain both high temporal and spectral resolution by stimulating Raman interferences with one light pulse and monitoring the modification of the electron yield in a separate step. Applying this spectroscopic approach to the autoionizing states of argon, we experimentally resolved its electronic composition and time evolution in exquisite detail. Theoretical calculations show remarkable agreement with the observations and shed light on the light-matter interaction parameters. Using appropriate Raman probing and delayed detection steps, this technique enables highly sensitive probing and control of electron dynamics in complex systems. © 2022 American Physical Society.
VersionFinal published version
- Attosecond dynamics through a Fano resonance: Monitoring the birth of a photoelectron.
- Authors: Gruson V, Barreau L, Jiménez-Galan Á, Risoud F, Caillat J, Maquet A, Carré B, Lepetit F, Hergott JF, Ruchon T, Argenti L, Taïeb R, Martín F, Salières P
- Issue date: 2016 Nov 11
- Real-Time Imaging of Ultrafast Charge Dynamics in Tetrafluoromethane from Attosecond Pump-Probe Photoelectron Spectroscopy.
- Authors: Plésiat E, Lara-Astiaso M, Decleva P, Palacios A, Martín F
- Issue date: 2018 Aug 14
- Time-Resolved Photoelectron Spectroscopy of Conical Intersections with Attosecond Pulse Trains.
- Authors: Jadoun D, Kowalewski M
- Issue date: 2021 Aug 26
- Reconstruction of the time-dependent electronic wave packet arising from molecular autoionization.
- Authors: Bello RY, Canton SE, Jelovina D, Bozek JD, Rude B, Smirnova O, Ivanov MY, Palacios A, Martín F
- Issue date: 2018 Aug
- Probing nonadiabatic dynamics with attosecond pulse trains and soft x-ray Raman spectroscopy.
- Authors: Restaino L, Jadoun D, Kowalewski M
- Issue date: 2022 May