AffiliationJames C. Wyant College of Optical Sciences, University of Arizona
MetadataShow full item record
PublisherOptica Publishing Group (formerly OSA)
CitationRubin, N. A., Chevalier, P., Juhl, M., Tamagnone, M., Chipman, R., & Capasso, F. (2022). Imaging polarimetry through metasurface polarization gratings. Optics Express.
RightsCopyright © 2022 Optica Publishing Group under the terms of the Optica Open Access Publishing Agreement.
Collection InformationThis item from the UA Faculty Publications collection is made available by the University of Arizona with support from the University of Arizona Libraries. If you have questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
AbstractMetasurfaces—subwavelength arrays of phase-shifting elements—present new possibilities for polarization optics and polarimetry. In particular, a periodic, polarization-sensitive metasurface diffraction grating can enable full-Stokes imaging polarimetry with a single polarization-sensitive component. In this work, we show that a suitably-designed metasurface grating can serve as a polarimetric “attachment” to an existing intensity-only imaging system, converting it into one capable of full-Stokes imaging polarimetry. Design rules and tradeoffs governing this adaptation are described and demonstrated using a machine vision imaging system as an example. © 2022 Optica Publishing Group under the terms of the Optica Open Access Publishing Agreement.
NoteOpen access journal
VersionFinal published version
- Polarization state generation and measurement with a single metasurface.
- Authors: Rubin NA, Zaidi A, Juhl M, Li RP, Mueller JPB, Devlin RC, Leósson K, Capasso F
- Issue date: 2018 Aug 20
- Matrix Fourier optics enables a compact full-Stokes polarization camera.
- Authors: Rubin NA, D'Aversa G, Chevalier P, Shi Z, Chen WT, Capasso F
- Issue date: 2019 Jul 5
- Full-Stokes Polarization Perfect Absorption with Diatomic Metasurfaces.
- Authors: Liang Y, Lin H, Koshelev K, Zhang F, Yang Y, Wu J, Kivshar Y, Jia B
- Issue date: 2021 Jan 27
- Monolithic Full-Stokes Near-Infrared Polarimetry with Chiral Plasmonic Metasurface Integrated Graphene-Silicon Photodetector.
- Authors: Li L, Wang J, Kang L, Liu W, Yu L, Zheng B, Brongersma ML, Werner DH, Lan S, Shi Y, Xu Y, Wang X
- Issue date: 2020 Dec 22
- An All-Dielectric Metasurface Polarimeter.
- Authors: Shah YD, Dada AC, Grant JP, Cumming DRS, Altuzarra C, Nowack TS, Lyons A, Clerici M, Faccio D
- Issue date: 2022 Oct 19